The UT Vault is a secure file transfer service that allows users to easily send large files quickly and securely. Files are transferred via encrypted HTTP and stored in an encrypted data store. Using Vault is as easy as sending an email with an attachment and it works from both a PC and a Mac. Vault is intended for file transfer and not for permanent file storage. Anyone can use this service to securely exchange files with UT faculty, staff, and students.
Error: the email address is not in a valid format.
Error: login failed. If you have an active UT NetID, you may check or reset your password on the OIT password management site. If you are an external user (you do not have an active UT NetID), you may reset your password. Please contact the OIT helpdesk for further assistance.
- UT personnel enter their UT email address and NetID password.
- UT address must be listed in the UT directory.
- Non-UT users must first register an email address.
Frequently Asked Questions about Vault
- How do I send email through Vault?
- How do I view emails sent through Vault?
- How does a non-UT person access Vault?
- How big of a file can I send through Vault?
- How long will files be stored in Vault?
If you need help using Vault, contact the OIT HelpDesk at 865-974-9900.